Our Learning & Development team drives the concept, development and implementation of scalable training programs and learning events that empower franchisees and staff to achieve optimal results. The Learning Experience Designer (LED) is responsible for ideating, coordinating, and supporting Learning Design activities in conjunction with the Design Team, specifically Graphic Design Specialists and Multimedia Design Specialists. LEDs play a critical role in the end-to-end learning process – learning need identification, analysis, design, development, and transition to delivery.
The Learning Experience Designer will collaborate with members of the L&D team and other Grove departments to manage the learning lifecycle, determine learning modalities, and ensure learning is developed using sound instructional design principles.
- Lead projects through the learning lifecycle; discovery, design and plan the development of instructional materials (audio and video scripts, story boards, e-learning modules, execution guides, knowledge checks, etc.) that transform educational content into professionally written, engaging instruction (L&D project gatekeeper) Facilitate discovery meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities, and expectations
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to build technically accurate educational content that meets the learning objectives for the network
- Guide learning design team to create and publish educational content with instructional design principles
- Write copy that is clear, concise, and brand-conscious
- Ability to collaborate with L&D design team members and Grove team members to deliver project(s) on time
- Ability to work independently, self-direct, and be self-sufficient while succeeding in a team environment
- 5+ years of related experience in the Instructional Design field
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (advanced degree or certifications are a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work collaboratively with stakeholder and meet deliverables
- Strong knowledge of learning principles and methodologies with a track record of practical application in formal and informal contexts
- Shows a strong passion for learning development and enhancing the learner experience
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Experience designing educational materials and content including instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, knowledge assessments and other training materials
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate (Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Project management experience preferred
- A keen eye for visual design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with an LMS is a plus
Our Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)